Latest NewsPosted on: 23/08/2018
GCSE Results Day 2018
Our Year 11 students have been celebrating an exceptional set of GCSE results. We are delighted that attainment has continued to improve despite students sitting the new more challenging GCSEs in almost all subjects.
We are exceptionally pleased that 30% (20% Nationally) of all results were the very highest 9 to 7 grades. Many students achieved the new grade 9; the highest grade available including 23 grade 9s in sciences. 80% of all grades were a 4 or above compared to 67% nationally with 60% of all grades being a grade 5 or higher; the level designated a “strong pass” by the DFE.
Students continue to excel in English and Mathematics. 83% of pupils achieved a grade 4 or above in an English GCSE and 76% in Mathematics. 75% of pupils achieved a grade 4 or above in both English and Mathematics with 45% achieving a grade 5 or above.
Pass rates have remained high across the school and are above national average levels for all schools, including grammar schools:
- Biology (97% compared to 95% nationally),
- Chemistry (97% compared to 95% nationally),
- Combined Science (60% compared to 55% nationally),
- Computer Science (90% compared to 61% nationally),
- English Language (80% compared to 70% nationally),
- English Literature (80% compared to 73% nationally),
- French (85% compared to 69% nationally),
- Geography (70% compared to 69% nationally),
- ICT (75% compared to 64% nationally),
- Mathematics (76% compared to 71% nationally),
- Music (100% compared to 75% nationally),
- PE (72% compared to 70% nationally),
- Physics (100% compared to 91% nationally),
- Spanish (100% compared to 70% nationally)
- Technology (76% compared to 61% nationally)
Congratulations to all our students who have shown tremendous grit and determination to achieve these outcomes. Very many thanks go to the staff who have supported them on this journey.
We would also like to thank our parents, without your support and commitment to your young adults this success would not be possible.
Many thanks for your support as always.