Chelmer Valley High School is judged to be a Good School. This means that, according to Ofsted, “the leadership team has maintained the good quality of education in the school since the last inspection.”
Ofsted’s key findings in the 2017 report:
- Staff provide a very positive ethos across the school that nurtures pupils' academic and personal development and enables them to thrive as learners.
- In-depth knowledge of your pupils and shows an astute analysis of the effect of teaching on pupils' learning.
- Work is sufficiently demanding.
- The school provides a productive and purposeful learning environment, and pupils concentrate well on their work in lessons.
- Around the school, pupils are polite and courteous.
- Pupils have positive attitudes to school and want to do well. They participate well in the wide range of enrichment and extra curricular activities offered by staff.
- Pupils feel safe, well looked after and supported in school.
- Teachers go the extra mile in ensuring that classes are engaging and encouraging, as well as educational.
- Governors provide good support to the school and question and challenge leaders effectively about its performance.
- Sixth Form students are positive about their learning experiences and feel that they are well supported by their teachers, particularly complementary about the speed with which teachers mark assignments and how helpful they find the feedback in improving their work.
Quotes from Ofsted Inspection Report on 12th October 2017
"I am immensely proud of everyone connected with Chelmer Valley and the outcome of this report. Chelmer remains a highly successful school and we are all determined to ensure that our students continue to thrive and maximise their potential." Mrs C Goodchild
Schools Performance Tables The Department for Education publish Schools Performance Tables yearly.
As well as completing the survey, you can use Ofsted's online survey, Parent View, at any time during the school year to give Ofsted your opinion of your child's school. You can also use Parent View to see survey results for schools across England.
Visit www.parentview.ofsted.gov.uk or look for the link on the main Ofsted website: www.gov.uk/government/organisations/ofsted