Chelmer Valley High School is judged to be a Good School. This means that, according to Ofsted, “the leadership team has maintained the good quality of education in the school since the last inspection.”
Ofsted’s key findings in the 2023 report:
- Pupils flourish at this school because they have a range of opportunities to succeed.
- Pupils do their best, and leaders are always thinking about how to make learning better.
- Pupils respect staff and each other.
- They feel valued because staff build positive relationships with them.
- Pupils achieve the high expectations that staff set them.
- Bullying is not tolerated.
- Expectations for pupils’ behaviour are high.
- Teachers use strategies to adapt learning so that pupils can access what is being taught.
- Leaders at all levels have a desire to continually improve what the school provides.
- Students learn well in the Sixth Form. They value the high-quality support they receive.
- Leaders thoroughly prepare pupils for their future lives.
Schools Performance Tables The Department for Education publish Schools Performance Tables yearly.
As well as completing the survey, you can use Ofsted's online survey, Parent View, at any time during the school year to give Ofsted your opinion of your child's school. You can also use Parent View to see survey results for schools across England.
Visit www.parentview.ofsted.gov.uk or look for the link on the main Ofsted website: www.gov.uk/government/organisations/ofsted