Before starting at Chelmer Valley High School Sixth Form, you and your parent / guardian will be expected to sign the following agreement.
Under this agreement Chelmer Valley High School will endeavour to provide:
- A full course of subjects in Year 12 and Year 13 working towards A-levels, with teaching by specialist teachers who are experts in their own fields and who are able to use appropriate facilities and resources.
- Academic support and study facilities, including the use of ICT resources that are unavailable to the rest of the school.
- A personal tutor, who will monitor your progress, provide both academic and pastoral support where necessary and help you to set targets to achieve your goals.
- Support for any special needs you might have.
- Advice about Higher and Further Education, including full support in the application process, from investigating courses and institutions to filling in the application form and preparing for interviews.
- Careers advice from trained personnel.
- Opportunities to participate in the life of both the Sixth Form and the whole school.
- Opportunities for your voice to be heard in decisions which affect the Sixth Form and the whole school.
- Two opportunities each year for your parents / guardians to come into the school to formally discuss your progress.
- A half-termly review of your progress, attitude and attainment for your parents / guardians.
In return, it is expected that you as a student will:
- Achieve 100% attendance in all lessons, unless there is a valid reason not to do so (eg medical). Please call (01245) 440232 and leave a message on the absence line each day you are absent.
- Be in school promptly at 8.35am every day to meet with your tutor.
- Make full use of the Sixth Form study facilities during your study lessons. To be successful as a Sixth Form student you need to study for at least 35 hours a week (including lesson time).
- Meet all deadlines for your work.
- Maintain a high standard of dress and behaviour about the school, remembering that you are an example to the rest of the school in both your appearance and attitude.
- Respect the facilities in the Sixth Form block.
- Attend the twice yearly Consultation evenings.
- Attend all private study periods as designated on your timetable and any additional supervised study sessions as required.